Tuesday 7 October 2008

ULearn08... I'm on my way!

ULearn 08 is finally here. It's been very much at the forefront of my mind for the best part of the year (let's face it, I've been looking forward to it since ULearn 07!)

In a couple of hours I'm off to the airport and on my way to Christchurch. I'm sitting here right now with my mind (and stomach) absolutely churning with different thoughts and emotions: anticipation, excitement, nervousness, apprehension and a healthy dose of worry to round it all off.

Anticipation - I am so looking forward to all the amazing learning and networking and just know is going to take place over the next few days. I am also anticipating that it will be cold!

Excitement - "I'm going to ULearn...I',m going to ULearn..." Total geek out time, get to meet up with all my online friends - yay! I'm like a kid the night before Christmas.

Nervousness, Apprehension & Worry - I'm presenting...TWICE! I've made multiple back ups of my presentations, have spent countless computer hours creating them and have the sore elbow and stiff shoulders to prove it! I know I'm well prepared, I think my presentations are useful (and pretty - not that pretty is important...but I like pretty!), however; this still doesn't stop me worrying that something will go wrong, or I'll mess up, or I'll bore my audience.... all the usual paranoid and irrational thoughts that keep the adrenaline pumping. I've decided there are times where perfectionism is a bad thing. I'm also a bit anxious because I have to fly. I hate flying! I like going to new places, but I hate flying there. To add to my nerves there is supposed to be a storm front across half the country - nice!

Voice Thread
View SlideShare presentation or Upload your own. (tags: voicethread ulearn08)


Authentic Ict
View SlideShare presentation or Upload your own. (tags: ict_classroom ulearn08)


My wiki to support my presentation & provide notes and further information can be found here.

So here I sit, full of expectations. I really need to close the lid on my 'puter and prepare to go offline for a while (that's an ask in itself - might have to divert Twitter to my phone...maybe not, imagine how fast the memory will fill up!) Rohi the Kea is ready for her trip down south, my bags are packed and guess what?



I EVEN HAVE A T-SHIRT!!!
So if you're looking for me I'll be in this little number.

See you at ULearn08 everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck and hope you have lots of fun at Ulearn. I'm sure you will do well and hope you miss all those storms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish i had seen that shirt on during the conf!
    thanks for your comments on "room5ians rule" - perfect example - thank you!
    :-)
    loved #ulearn08 - how about you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Mr Woody, I wore my Tshirt on the Friday but I think we missed each other :( I'm glad you liked the question, I tend to wonder about stuff like that all the time and my son (who is in Year 7) also tends to think about things like that, so I thought the Room 5ians would find it interesting.
    I LOVED #ULearn08. I loved presenting, I loved the atmosphere, I loved the new learning, I loved revisiting and refining previous learning, I loved all the toys and gadgets... you get the idea. However, I have to say that the BEST part of all was meeting up with so many of my wonderful Twitter friends face to face. It's nice to spend time with like minded others - I really miss everyone now I'm back in the "real world".

    Hi Sue
    Thanks so much for the good wishes. I read your comment just before I went to do my first presentation and it made me smile and gave me an extra boost of confidence before I began. We missed most of the storms, just a bit rough over the middle of the country. Sorry I didn't reply sooner - it's been a bit insane round here over the last couple of weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete