Monday 28 January 2008

My PLN has taken me on an amazing PLJ Pt 1 - Introduction.

I had a play with gickr and made this tonight. Just a very simple gif animation and already my mind is ticking over the possibilities for classroom use.
pimp your myspace at Gickr.com
graphic myspace at Gickr.com
Over the course of the last week I have been on a whirlwind journey of learning, challenge, discovery and just plain old fashioned fun! This personal learning journey (PLJ) initially came about as a result of my preparation for the Northern Bays Cluster Conference, where I am co-presenting 1 workshop and presenting a second workshop totally on my own! It was this second workshop that led to the PLJ.

Facilitating my PLJ was my personal learning network(PLN)comprising of a group of educators in NZ and beyond, all of whom I met via Twitter . Now considering that I hadn't even heard of Twitter before the end of September 2007, I have built up a network of people that I regularly interact with online. I have never met any of them face to face;however, I enjoy chatting with them, follow links that they post on the internet, follow some of them via their blogs as well as Twitter and I have even joined Nings that allow me further opportunity to interact with them. What I love about it (apart from the social aspect in what can be an isolating profession at times) is that I am able to access up to date PD, relating to topics that interest me and I have total control over what and how much I take on board and explore. Add to that, the fact that I can interact with like minded others, discussing things that matter to me, means that I am one happy little cyber camper.

There is so much more to share and I promise to return tomorrow and explore this further - for now though, this introduction will have to do. I really wanted to start getting this down as it has been whizzing around in my head for the last couple of days. However, I have also not been to bed until well after midnight for 4 days straight so I need to catch some Zzzzzz's in order to stay sane. I'll post Part 2 tomorrow as I explore this topic further.

No comments:

Post a Comment